[this post will be continually updated]
- General: Five history lessons in how to deal with a refugee crisis
- 1989 Comprehensive Plan of Action: To deal with the refugee crisis you need to understand the cause
- The Balkans: What the Balkans can teach us about how to end the conflict in the Levant ; on the “ancient hatreds” thesis, Syria isn’t Bosnia; on the “fake policy” of using safe areas, Bosnian War Cables.
- Chechnya: To see Syria’s future, look at Chechnya
- Iraq: Resettling Syrian Refugees: Lessons from the (Forgotten) Iraqi Refugee Crisis
- Hungarians in Canada: The Sopron Factor at UBC – on the relocation of a (-n entire!) forestry department